We love new music and are proud to say that a significant number of our new releases have come from demo submissions.
However, due to the sheer volume that we receive, we do ask that you follow a few simple guidelines that will help get your music to us in the best shape and the most convenient format.
1. DO NOT send us work in progress. Unfortunately we simply do not have the time to coax you through the production process - that is what friends are for. When you think you have a great track or idea, play it to others and get opinions that you trust as to whether your music is of a high enough standard for release. If it is, then send it over. If not, then keep working on it until it is.
2. DO NOT send us more than 2 or 3 tracks. If we want more we will ask, so send us your best work and if we like it, we will be in touch.
3. DO NOT attach files directly to emails. They clog up our inbox and are deleted immediately. For submission requirements, see below.
4. PLEASE include as much information as you can about yourself; previous releases, web details, studio details and a phone number. This is all useful information but please, no life stories! Be informative and succinct!
5. PLEASE try to keep your demos as exclusive as possible. If we sign your release it will be with a view to selling as many units as possible and our job is made much easier if the track isn't already all over the Internet.
SUBMISSION DETAILSInitially, we now ask for all tracks to be submitted as SoundCloud links, MySpace, YouTube, or any other streaming format. We can then click and listen and if we like what we hear we will be in touch for a full length 320 MP3. Whilst we often give a small amount of feedback on track rejections, we regret that we cannot reply to everyone or get involved in lengthy dialogue, as we simply do not have the time. Due to the large volume of demo submissions, we may not be able to respond or listen to your work immediately - please allow at least two weeks before 'chasing up' as this will only delay the process.
Good luck – we look forward to hearing from you and hopefully working with you in the future!
SEND YOUR DEMOS TOdemos@recoverworld.com